Friday, 25 September 2015

What’s the Point in Any of It?

Marvin - The Greatest Philosopher of The 20th century...
Does the purpose of our lives change with age; does the life of a thirty-something have more point to it, than, say, a fifty-year-old, a sixty-year-old; indeed is there any real ‘point’ to either, and how would we discover what it is? To many of us ‘The Cow’ is the best pub in London. On a quiet balmy Wednesday in June, I met a fellow middle-aged man for a beer, a bite, and, much to my surprise, what turned out to be some searching existential chatter. What, my friend asked – after a beer or two – is the point to me: the purpose of my life, and by extension of others like me?
(dissidentvoice)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Intelligent comments welcome.Trolling will be SpamBoxed.